Camping is one of the most fun activities people can do. However, a lot of individuals don’t know what kind of camping equipment they should bring and what to look for when choosing equipment. With that said, here is camping equipment you should have and what to look for when selecting this equipment.
1. Tents- The tent is the most important pieces of camping equipment because it provides campers with shelter and a place to store their stuff when they are camping. Tents are available in many sizes and designs, so it’s important to choose a tent that can comfortably sleep the number of people you think will use it, on average. Also, choose a tent that is durable and reliable because you want it to withstand harsh weather, such as heavy rain. You can read reviews about some of the top brands and then you can choose the tent you like the best.
2. Air Mattresses Or Cots- Cots, air mattresses, and sleeping mats are other common types of camping equipment, but you’re the best bet is to choose a high-quality air mattress. Cots tend to be uncomfortable and so are sleeping mats, but there are air mattresses in various sizes and some feel like real mattresses when you lay on them. There are basic air mattresses designed for one person, and they are fine to use if you’re camping for a few days, but if you plan on going on a long camping trip, then invest in a good size air mattress.
3. Sleeping Bags– A lot of people bring regular blankets with them when they camp, but they are usually insufficient at keeping people warm. This is why sleeping bags are ideal for camping, and with so many bags on the market, finding a good one to use on your trip is easy. Different sleeping bags may provide you with more comfort and warmth than others when also equip inside a good hammock, so depending on the time of year you’re going camping, it may be a good idea to buy a high-quality sleeping bag. This will ensure you stay warm when you’re sleeping.
4. First-Aid Kits– This is one of the most important pieces of camping equipment because anything can happen when you’re camping in the woods or if you’re hiking. There are first-aid kits specifically designed for campers, and it’s a good idea to buy and bring a few kits with you. The last thing you want is to injure yourself or for one of your fellow campers to injure themselves and not be able to help. A first-aid kit can sometimes be the difference between avoiding a serious problem and experiencing a serious problem due to injury.
5. Matches And Kindling– You’ll need matches and kindling to start a fire, so make sure you bring a pack of matches with you, as well as kindling. Depending on where you’re going camping, you may be able to purchase kindling in the area, but it’s a good idea to bring it with you. Also, not all matches are created equal, so bring a pack of thick matches because small ones may not get the job done, or you can bring a long lighter that allows you to light a fire with just a push of a button.
6. Coolers– You’ll want a cooler or two because this is how you’ll keep certain foods and beverages cool. Not all coolers are made in the same way, and some are far better than others. Choose a cooler that is durable and can keep contents cool for very long periods of time.
7. Small Tools– Tools such as a small ax/hatchet, knife or a saw, can come in handy. You never know when you’ll need to cut rope or branches when you’re hiking or doing other camping activities. You might also be able to use an ax to help you collect firewood.
As you can see, tents, air mattresses, cots, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, first-aid kits and matches/kindling are important pieces of camping equipment. Coolers and small tools are also important. Keep in mind those are only some of the equipment out there, but they are some of the most common ones you’ll want to bring with you on your camping trip.